Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Heavyweight Debut



Matt took the day off so Cason and I could head to Spruce Grove to meet with the midwife for the final time. I was pretty excited to have him weighed cause I knew he had put on a noticeable amount of weight. 4 lbs. That's right. Since birth, my son has grown an inch and put on 4 lbs. For the record, that puts him at 12 lbs 2 oz and 22". Sweet lord he's HUGE! This justifies his crazy eating. I've had more then one night of him feeding every hour. My saving grace is nursing him side lying in bed. I'd go crazy otherwise. This morning Matt asked me how many times he was up last night. I don't even know! I barely have to wake up sometimes. It's much easier with him then it was with Kiara. Still, interrupted sleep is interrupted sleep and it's an adjustment. It can quickly get exhausting and with Kiara too...at the end of the day I can be a little "touched out". I just want some time with no one touching me. Oh the memories...Wouldn't trade it for the world!

While at the midwife I heard a lady say, "Girls you have forever but boys you only have until they're married." This broke my heart! I looked at Cason, teared up and pulled him close. Not my boy. As I watch my children grow I often wonder how our parents did it? Did they love every stage as much as we do? It blows my mind to think that I was once Kiara's age and size and my mom was in my position. How does one survive? I just love them so much and can't fathom the days of high school and moving out...Let's not get too far ahead!
Marie gave me the go ahead for training. Uber pumped about that. Now to find time in my days. And maybe see a doctor about my knee. It's been a few days of ice and ibuprofen and it doesn't seem to be any better. Trying not to worry about it too much. Just take it slow, and take care of it now before it becomes a real issue. Sounds like the monster needs to eat again. No wonder this "baby weight" is falling off!

1 comment:

  1. I can't get over Kiara's picture...
    And, you're amazing.

    ReplyDelete