Saturday, February 13, 2010

Get What You Pay For

I FINALLY made it to the doctor this morning. I had been trying for three days, but with Cason cluster feeding ALL EVENING it's impossible to do much of anything.
Get to the MediCentre, take my number and sit. And as it happens every time, I manage to sit beside the "friendly" person. You know the one; wants to comment on you or your child only to tell you all about their kids and grand kids. Really, do I look that friendly?! At least she was nice enough. But come on lady! Silence is not so bad.
After not too long of a wait, I got in the the exam room. Cue doctor. So this guy strolls in, doesn't introduce himself, doesn't ask me my name, just says, "What can we do for you?" I explain to him that my knee's been bothering me and I"m about to start a rather intense running program and I just want to make sure nothing's majorly wrong before I do. I know I"m carrying some extra weight so maybe that's it. Told him that I've been icing it and taking ibuprofen but it's still swollen. "Let's take a look at it." Genius right? He grabs it and asks to see my other knee. So I bust that bad boy out. "Well that one is a little heavier" Did he just call my knee FAT?! "Start gradually, take Advil if it hurts, if it gets worse cease and desist. It's not red and hot so it's okay." **Doctor exits. Thanks for the time Doc! Go free health care. Needless to say, I'm going for my first run tomorrow. I'm excited, nervous and anxious. Can't wait to get STARTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment