Monday, March 8, 2010

Mulitple Personalities

Maybe I'm crazier then the average house bound woman. The voices in my head refuse to listen to THAT blather. Here's a little taste of what I like to call "just the tip" of the crazy popsicle:
Took Cason to the pediatrician on Thursday. First time there. However, there were large signs EVERYWHERE stating "NO FOOD OR DRINK IN THE EXAMINATION ROOMS". Shit. Of course I have snacks and water in the diaper bag. Can't be THAT big of a deal right? I mean, I'm not going to walk all 3 of our asses back out to the car to empty out some snacks.
Into the exam room we go. Another large sign on the door. Meh. Of course our appointment is during prime nap time and Kiara is starting to fade fast. Guess what she sees? Her "cookies" in the diaper bag. She asks, and asks, and whines and cries. And I think, "Fuck it. It'll be quick. No biggie." I admit, I was in the "wrong" and I thought myself to be above the law.
As soon as I pass her the bag, the doctor walks in. "I really wish you wouldn't have given her that. There's large signs everywhere that say no food."
"I didn't think it was that big of a deal."
"We just never know who's going to be in the room next and they could have allergies. So if she drops food on the floor and THE NEXT CHILD IS ALLERGIC, PICKS IT UP AND EATS IT...you can see the problem."
Bring on Judgy Jane;
Damn straight I can see the problem. LETTING YOUR KIDS PICK UP FOOD FROM AN EXAM ROOM FLOOR AND EAT IT! Are you kidding me?! Now, before you all gather and uproar, I know it happens. Kiara picks food up quite often and eats it. Difference, it's in our house and SHE PUT IT THERE. Would she grab food off the floor somewhere else? Sure. She's 2. Would she bring it to me? Thus far, that's been the case.
If your child is THAT allergic that a morsel could be deadly. Keep them at home. Okay, only half kidding. But really, if it's that big of an issue, isn't it your responsibility as a parent to be extra careful? Why does this suddenly become my issue?
In other news, Cason weighed in at a whopping 13 lbs 8.5 oz. Jigga jigga whaa?! That's CA-razy! Just to top it all off, he's also 24" long. Oh ya, 2 solid feet baby! I think Matt's right, super heavy weight is where it's at.

No comments:

Post a Comment