Friday, June 25, 2010

The Proverbial Plate

Count yer chickens folks! We're like 34 days out from the Death Race. Thirty. Four. Days. How did this happen?! How did we get here already!?
Training's been up and down and all over the map for me. May was a HARD month. Trip to BC and some personal issues. June's been good to me however. Ran my very first race ever. Said race happened to be the hardest in the 5 Peaks series. 14.3 km's of off road toe bruising single track awesomeness! I finished. I was not last overall. Success!!!!! Really looking forward to improving next month. I hear it's a much "easier" course. My first thought is to shave at least 15 minutes off my time...I'll let you know how that goes.
We've decided to try and sell the house again. Because packing, showing and selling a house is so convenient. Plan is to have this bad boy listed within the next 2 weeks. Moving is so much work at the best of times. This, is not the best of times. Pretty sure my hair is going to start falling out from the stress.
Kids are doing well. Kiara's two. Those of you whom have children, know what that means. Most days are good days. Freezies are her new currency so I keep that in my back pocket.
Matt tried to take her and get her haircut. Didn't work. The hairdresser gave her a wagon wheel.
Me:"Kiara did you get your haircut?"
Kiara:"No"
Me:"Why not?"
Kiara:"I scared. Man. Have choplet?"
Me:"The man scared you but gave you chocolate?"
Kiara:"Ya. More choplet paaaalllllllease mom?"


Perfect. Now when I comb her hair, she thinks she's getting a "haircut" and would like some chocolate.
Cason's a beast. He'll be 6 months tomorrow. At the beginning of the month, he was 16lbs 7oz. 27". Two teeth. Army crawling and into EVERYTHING. He's deffo one of those kids where everything goes into his mouth. Perfect for when I'm trying to pack. And Kiara's unpacking behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment