Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bring on the Pain




I'm sore. Everywhere. Let's review.



The alarm went off this morning at a painful 06:00. Really? I thought waking up this early was a good idea? It had been about 2 hours since Cason nursed last. I was so warm and cozy...fond memories. Anyway, up and out I go. I hadn't thought the night before of wearing something a little more visible. 6 am is DARK. Can't find my sweet BC Hydro shirt in the dark so I opted for my bright orange wind breaker/rain jacket. I can't tell you how pumped I was that I could even get it done up! Been awhile since that happened. Matt informs me it's -9. -9!!!! Needless to say I'm making good use of the running gloves mama bought me. Thanks! Plan was to walk for a song and then get my run on. Once out in the cold dark however, there was a change of plans. First, I am not running the same route I did yesterday. Sketchy. Second, it's fucking COLD! Drop this walking crap! Thought maybe I'd do some runner warm ups that I read about in "Running Start to Finish". One thing that's super awesome about running this early? No one can see me!!!! As I was quite thankful for when the song changed. On comes Weezer's "Best Friend" and I busted a sweet move (or two) and got my run ON. The cold isn't too bad at all once you get going. Maybe even a little refreshing. I did decide though that I'm not really set up to run in anything much colder. I just don't have the gear for it. Thank goodness the coldest of winter seems to be over. I think I did 12 blocks in 15 minutes today. Breathing wasn't as hard as it was yesterday...but really it's too soon to see improvement right? But man-o-war! My legs are SORE. Iced my knee last night. Will do again today and hopefully be able to get a hot bath in too. Mmmmm, hot bath. I feel good about just getting out and getting it done. I know the next couple weeks are going to be hard and my body is going to hurt. The more sore and tired I get, the easier it will be for me to make excuses. Right now I'm aiming to run everyday until Sunday. Then I'll do a yoga video for "active recovery". I'm going to need to start stretching too. And for those of you dying to know, I weighed in at 195 this morning. I usually weigh myself every week but I think I'm going to back off and do it every month. Maybe with measurements? Try and get those done tonight too.



Chitlin update. Cason is smiling like there's no tomorrow! He's eating and sleeping A LOT. I think he's in another (the same?) growth spurt. He's getting so strong. Still just a baby though. ;)



Kiara is a mad women! Running, dancing and talking up a storm. She's a big fan of pretending to talk on her cell phone. You should hear her babble! She's also become a big fan of cuddling on the couch. "Cuddo, couch?" I am so in love with these small people!

No comments:

Post a Comment