Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Looking Outside

I've been reading some other blogs for inspiration. (I WILL NOT copy and paste. I will NOT copy and paste. I won't paste. I won't...how would anyone know?) And found some sad and fascinating facts:
First, I think I may be the only person outside of New York that has a blog. Pretty sure this makes me trendy and possibly fashion forward too.
I never have nor will I ever, be in the "industry". Not sure which one, just know that it doesn't apply to moi. Then again, what does?
I am not doing this to be creative. I don't have these juices and voices that need an outlet. I am not in a constant state of making art, love and beauty. Sure, the bohemian life sounds great if you're not into mortgages, kids, monogamy and small town living. This brought a question forth, why am I doing this then?
Simple really. Validation. I want you to be stunned by my wit. Awed at my honesty. Shocked at my amazing sense of humour. I want for you to see a little of yourself in me, my life and my experiences. Laugh, scream and cry with me. Crazy is much more fun when you have someone pulling out their hair with you.
I have a somewhat demented need to (at least pretend to) know everything. So I went back to the beginning of a certain blog so I could partake in the evolution. I was jealous, dismayed and a little depressed to learn that within 24 hours she had 67 followers. 67. It's been about 3 weeks. I have 2. And 2 that I ASKED. (Totally love you guys!) Not only that, she had 93 hits. Me? 6. Oh ya, it's all about the numbers baby. My response? Quit writing. No one's reading it anyway. Big ol' infant cry. Then it hit me. Cue the light bulb. I don't want y'all to walk this life with me, I want you to TELL me you're walking with me. See it? Welcome to the madness in my brain.
As a result, from this day forward I am going to make a conscious decision to not give my power away. To stop looking outside for validation and acceptance. To not only seek it within but to have it be enough. I can. I will. I must. Trying to find the happiness in myself and all that bolly-who.
I am enough.
I have enough.
I do enough.

Thank you Sark!

1 comment:

  1. so somehow i bypassed the making an account to follow you? i dunno, but i'm a follower! hmmm maybe i shouldn't have said that publicly. LOL.

    you are witty
    you are funny
    you are gorgeous
    and
    you are MORE than enough!

    ReplyDelete